Sunday, August 2, 2009

Less than one week to go ...

Thanks goes to the all the people behind me that are supporting my quest. I have jumped to nearly $400 raised as of Sunday. Keep the positive energy going, I will need it come Saturday morning as I set off into the high desert for 65 miles of excitement with 125 of my closest friends.

Flashback: One year in this ride we had nature turn on us. Rain, Mud, Lightening, Flooded trails and cold wind. That year of the 100 people that started only 25 were able to make it to the finish line. I remember getting close to the finish line, the mud had been rinsed off me by driving rain, I was riding uphill and upstream and into the wind. I realized I would make it even though all the elements had turned sour. That was the year I truly fell in love with this event and the people that band together to organize it and participate in it. That year, I was one of the lucky 25 who made it to the finish, but the volunteers and other riders were all winners because we delivered for a greater good. Thanks again for the support and I look forward to writing my post ride post about all the great work that will come about due to your generous giving.

No comments: